Update #47 (Season 9 - Update 9.2)
It's been requested for a long time and we're finally happy to add shooting functionality to vehicle drivers! The new system allows you to fire sidearm weapons while driving and maintaining control over the vehicle (albeit with slightly reduced response while reloading). This functionality works for most vehicles and there are a couple of limitations which you can read about below. We're excited to see the new kinds of gameplay that emerge from these additions, and please let us know how it feels!
- Vehicle drivers can now draw, reload and fire sidearms while having full control over vehicle inputs.
- The power of vehicle steering input decreases slightly when the driver is reloading.
- Driver shooting feature is enabled in all vehicles except boats and BRDM.
Update #42 (Season 7 - Update 7.3)
- Explosion Mechanic Changes
- Vehicles no longer explode instantly upon reaching 0 HP. Instead, engines are now disabled and set on fire, causing the vehicle to explode after 5 seconds.
- Vehicles can still explode instantly if taking large radial damage, like from Red Zones, C4 etc.
- Exploding vehicles now receive both linear and angular velocity, instead of only linear (vehicle movement after exploding should look a bit less static now).
- Additionally, vehicles will no longer receive increased collision damage when they’re rolled over.
- Vehicle Damage Changes
- Most vehicles now have multiple damage zones which apply different damage multipliers
- Applies to the following vehicles: Buggy, Dacia, UAZ, Mirado, Pickup, Rony and Zima
- All other vehicles receive damage as before, equally regardless of area hit
- Damage zones:
- Engine – 100% Damage
- Engine area, usually located at the front
- Body – 75% Damage
- Front and rear doors, rear and bottom sides of body
- Roof – 50% Damage
- Roof panel, roof pillars, seats, mirrors
Update #34 (Season 5 - Update 5.1)
- Physics engine of vehicles has been optimized to improve client and server performance.
Pre-release #32 (Season 4 - Update 4.2) - vN/A
- Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing 'Z'.
- The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
- Once the engine is off, pressing 'W' to accelerate or 'Z' will start the engine again.
- Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
- Vehicles Effects Improvement
- Added vehicle lighting effects.
- Vehicle headlights, tail lights and dashboard are turned on when the vehicle’s engine starts.
- The lights are only local visual effects and will not illuminate the surrounding areas.
- Gameplay Balance
- Vehicles now block players from receiving grenade damage with a similar mechanism used for other objects. Although, depending on grenade position and trajectory, damage can still be dealt to players hiding behind vehicles.