The Parachute is a piece of default equipment in BATTLEGROUNDS.
The Parachute is a default item that players are equipped with at the start of each game. It's used to drift down from the plane to the play area, and it immediately disappears after landing.
- When putting your mouse facing upwards and holding 'W,' you travel at 126 km/h max speed.
- When you pull your parachute and tap 'W,' you travel around 18 – 27 km/h max speed.
- Parachuting UI Improvements
- The parachute UI has been improved, made more visible and divided into two gauges, one for current speed and the other a more detailed altitude gauge.
- Improved teammate status UI
- An icon has been added to show when teammates are freefalling from the plane.
- Teammates’ status icons during the parachuting phase which were previously only shown on the map, are now also shown at the bottom left of the screen alongside the other teammate UI.
Pre-Update #24 - vN/A
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground.
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision.
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness.
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] helps you drop faster and land quicker.
- Holding WALK [Default LCTRL] lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance.
- You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air.
- This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far.
- Added new landing animations.
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement.
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing.
Q: What are the parachute skins?
A: Head to Parachute Skins.
Standard parachute from Alpha - Steam Early Access.
Past in-game parachutes