The Maps are the playable area where players are pitted against each other in BATTLEGROUNDS. Within these maps, a red zone periodically spawns onto random cities/locations causes explosions within that area and also periodically a C-130 flys over the map and drops an air drop.
From oldest to newest;
- Erangel (Alpha Map) a Russian map.
- Miramar (Map 2) a Central America sand map.
- Vikendi (Map 3) an Adriatic island snow map.
- Sanhok (Map 4) a Southeast Asian forest map.
- Erangel (Remastered)
- Rapide (Map 5)
|Maps based out of the region of Central America/Mexico.|
|Maps based out of the region of Europe.|
|Maps based out of the region of Russia.|
|Maps based out of the region of Asia.|
|Map to test out weaponry and vehicles.|
Q: What are the map sizes?
- Q: Why is it taking so long to build maps?
A: Building new maps is an enormous effort, usually takes 6 – 9 months building one from scratch.