The BRDM (Boyevaya Razvedyvatelnaya Dozornaya Mashina, literally Combat Reconnaissance Patrol Vehicle) is a Soviet amphibious light armored vehicle in BATTLEGROUNDS.
Like other vehicles in the game, the BRDM is weaponless, its main strengths being its significantly increased durability and the ability to traverse both land and water. The BRDM can be called in by shooting a Flare Gun outside the safe zone, signalling a plane to drop it by parachute near where the flare was fired. Compared to the Armored UAZ it replaces, the BRDM takes less damage from bullets and explosions including the red zone, the tires cannot be shot out and its amphibious capabilities make it a very versatile vehicle for anyone lucky enough to commandeer one.
Update #34 (Season 5 - Update 5.1)
- Driving sound volume has been reduced for some vehicles.
Update #31 (Season 4 - Update 4.1)
- Introduced BRDM-2 specific vehicle damage modifiers per game mode.
- Increased damage taken in Solo mode by 80%.
- Increased damage taken in Duo mode by 40%.
- New Features
- Added "locking" mechanism to BRDM-2.
- Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
- When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
Pre-Update #30 - vN/A
- New Vehicle: BRDM-2
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
- BRDM-2's total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
- Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
- BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water, but players can't shoot while on board.
- It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is 22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.
Official - 6/05/19
- BRDM was announced in the Development Update .
- The BRDM-2 is based on the real vehicle of the same name, although the BRDM-2 depicted in the game lacks any armament and the auxiliary belly wheels between the main ones.