- 1 About BATTLEGROUNDS
- 2 Other Wiki Links
- 3 References
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) is a competitive survival shooter formally developed/published by Bluehole. PUBG is now being developed by PUBG Corp, a Bluehole subsidiary company  in cooperation with Brendan Greene (PLAYERUNKNOWN) as the Creative Director, PUBG is Greene's first standalone game.
Players are dropped into a wide, open area, and they must fight to the death - all while the battlefield shrinks, adding pressure to all in its grip. Use a variety of interesting weapons and vehicles amid the BATTLEGROUNDS. "Killing off another player cuts down on your competition, but it also offers up the opportunity to grab some loot. Your character can only carry around a limited amount of gear, so there are important questions to ask whenever you come across new items. Is it better to stick with your current 9mm pistol, or hold out hope that you'll be able to find ammo for a found 12 gauge shotgun?"
BATTLEGROUNDS is running on Unreal Engine 4, players take on the Battle Royale experience on a 8x8 km map called "Erangel." BATTLEGROUNDS is a good balance between Arma 3 and H1Z1.
BATTLEGROUNDS takes place on different islands (maps), but the main island for BATTLEGROUNDS is called Erangel. An abandoned Russian island where a military occupation was controlling the island. The military occupation tested chemical/biological experiments on the islands population, after a resistance attack on a biological facility, the island had to be abandoned.
Features in PUBG?
- Battleye integration
- 3 maps; Erangel, Miramar and Sanhok
- Solo, Duo, SQUAD and Zombies (custom servers).
- Destruction, bullet travel, bullet drop and attachments that affect the outcome of the gun.
- Revive downed teammates
- Spectating support for Team servers when you die.
- 1st person only & 3rd w/ 1st person availability servers.
- Game replay 2D/3D (to see your full game in replay, see how you died, make machinimas, etc)
- Killcam for Solo game mode (it will NOT come to Duo or Squads)
- Wide range of weapons ranging from Assault Rifles, Submachine Guns, Sniper Rifles, Light Machine Guns, Shotguns, Pistols, Melee Weapons and more.
- Weapon customization
- Character customization
- Military in-game gear ranging from Backpacks, Helmets, One Piece Suits and Vests.
- Cosmetic Items ranging from Jackets, Masks, Glasses, Pants, Shoes, Shirts and more. For more, head to the Equipment Wiki.
- Ability to eject from the plane whenever you want.
- Ability to join disconnected matches.
- All MOCAP animations
- Colorblind support
- PUBG Partners get their own custom servers, Partners only Discord server, early access to new features, exclusive swag & in-game items and more.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlight support 
- and more
Features, coming soon?
- Modding Support (create your own gamemodes, maps, etc)
- Renting Servers (like in the Battlefield series)
- Having any user create their own league.
- 1 new map
- and more
- Single player (something like Watch Dogs)? Where 4 - 5 of your friends play single player campaign set in the 70's to try and take back the island from the militia.
Spawning into the game?
When you spawn, everyone in the game gets put in on a small island where you wait x amount of minutes to load into the game (here to make the players load into the game properly with all the assets, etc.). After the time limit is up during the starting area, you get teleported in a paradrop plane, you get flown over an area and then you get thrown out of a plane with a parachute. Once landed, loot spawns in different areas, it's based on the Arma 3 model, it's all random. The loot system is a lot more in-depth than H1Z1, so there will be more time spent farming for better weapons/attachments/armor, etc.
What can the player hold?
Depending on the players gear (vest 1 - 3 and backpack 1 - 3) you can hold as much as you can carry in your slots. A player can hold 2 primary weapons, 1 pistol, 1 melee weapon and grenades.
-- All weapons/items that are on the player or weapon itself don't take up inventory space in your backpack. You can have 1 grenade on your character, while any extra grenades you pick up take up space.
Fun facts -
- Q: Who came up with the map name Erangel? | A: The map name is PLAYERUNKNOWN's daughter name.
- Q: What about the Dacia sedan? | A: PU watched Top Gear and they always talked about it, that's the reason why it's in the game. Small Top Gear reference/Easter egg.
- Q: What about the motorcycle, I see a image on the side of it? | A: BikeMan's dad passed away, in honor of him on the side of the sidecar of the motorcycle, it has the picture of his dad.
- Q: What is player customization like? | A: Think Fallout 4 customization, not Reign of Kings/ARK. The people that are behind the customization are the those who did it in APB: Reloaded.
- Q: PUBG? | A: Oddly enough, PUBG wasn't the first acronym they choose. It was originally called 'PUB' & 'PUGS.' But it was later on changed to PUBG for the name 'PUB' not to be common with Pub/bar related search results.
- Q: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ? | A: Winners in PUBG are shown a message ”WINNER WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER,“ which is featured from Greene's early Battle Royale games/mods.
-- For more Easter Eggs, head to Easter Eggs.
- Pre-Alpha (NDA) | June - September 2016
- Alpha (No NDA) | October - December 2016
- Closed Beta | February - March 2017 
- Steam Early Access | March 23, 2017 
- Xbox One Game Preview Release | December 12, 2017 
- Full Release | December 21, 2017 Originally, the game was suppose to get out of EA in 6 months from March 23.
- Full Xbox One Release | September 4th, 2018
- PUBG Project Thai | September, 2018 
- PS4 Release | December 7th, 2018
- PUBG Project Thai renamed to 'PUBG LITE.' | January 24th, 2019 
|Main Menu||Tom Salta||Closed Beta|
|Main Menu||Tom Salta||Steam Early Access (#1)|
|Main Menu||Tom Salta||Steam Early Access (#2)|
|Main Menu||Tom Salta||Steam Early Access (#3)|
|Main Menu||Tom Salta||Official release|
|Main Menu||N/A||Vikendi update (Update #24)|
Other Wiki Links
- Social Media
- System Requirements
- Game Modes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Other Meta's